Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bootcamp

A couple of weeks ago I found an all woman's boot camp in Plano. The class is for three weeks, four times a week, at 5:30a.m. Now, if anyone reading this has met me, you should know that I do NOT do mornings. I enjoy my warm, comfortable, cozy bed at 5:30 in the morning. Nevertheless, I signed up for it a couple of weeks ago and began camp this past Monday.

Today was my fourth morning to go and can I just say how much I love it! The ladies in the camp range from young 'skinny minis' to the hip 'red hat ladies'. We do everything! Push ups, sit ups, carido...you name it, I've probably done it in the past 4 days! We even did boxing today! How fun is that?!? I never feel left behind,which was a fear of mine considering I haven't done a boot camp since my sophomore year in HS as a "Ladycat". It's an encouraging, motivating, competitive, and uplifting experience to accomplish the camp. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great jump start to the New Year!

Now don't get me wrong it has been a challenge. I have been sore the entire week, Tuesday being the worst but I feel so much more energized than I did not even a week ago. AND I am very proud to say that I have yet to throw the alarm clock screaming in my ear at 5:00 a.m. across the room. I've actually been looking forward to getting up and seeing what's in store for the day's camp.

I'm running another half marathon in March with some girlfriends so my intentions of signing up with this program was to get my butt back in the training mode. I'm definitely thinking about sticking with the 5:30 morning workouts until race day. So if you see some crazy blond chick out in 30 degree weather trying to run make sure you turn your heater up and give her a honk!

No comments:

Post a Comment