Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

I just finished 'The Shack' and was quite surprised that I liked it. After years and years of religious books being shoved down my throat, I was not typically thrilled about beginning this book. BUT I pushed through it and I will say, the last half of the book is much better than the first. It gave a very different take on God's view and love for us. It didn't get too 'sunday school' for my taste and asked "Papa" some tough questions, which I appreciated.

So last weekend Matt and I made our typical Target shopping trip where he ventures to the electronics section and I take a look at the book section to see what's new/popular/etc. On the top shelf were several books written by Jody Picoult, including 'My Sister's Keeper'. I've heard various friends mention her and obviously MSK the movie came out this past June which tanked in theaters but that usually means the book is so fantastic they can't make a movie to depict it well enough (i.e.: Twilight). So I decided to give this author a try.

I am only 50 pages in and can I just say WOW! I'm not sure if it's the writing, the content, or the fact that the family's name is "Fitzgerald" that make me want to gobble this book up but is so good! The way she writes each character is just brilliant and I can't help but be consumed by this book. I'm sure she, and many of her other works, will become apart of my blogs to come!

1 comment: